The benefits of volunteering can be enormous to you, your family, and the community:
• Volunteering makes most of us healthier and happier.
• This is probably because volunteering offers many benefits, including opportunities for volunteers to:
• gain new skills and knowledge
• boost their own job and career prospects
• enjoy a sense of achievement and fulfilment
• develop personally and boost self esteem
• enjoy better physical and mental health
• connect to and better understand your community
• meet new people and make new friends.