At the Uruguayan Social & Sporting Club we are committed to providing the highest quality service to our members and the community in general.
We do this by developing long term relationships and mutual cooperation with other organisations, providers, and our members, with the view to broader benefits to society arising from our work and collaborative partnerships.
We are vigilant and continually ensuring that our actions and the way we carry out our business is in accordance with this Code of Ethics, our Core Values and our Corporate Citizenship & Social Responsibility statement.
We encourage and have the expectation that our suppliers and kindred organisations foster and practice the same or similar values.
At the Uruguayan Social & Sporting Club we abide by the following Code of Ethics:
- We shall exercise integrity, honesty and diligence in carrying out duties and responsibilities.
- We shall agree to the definition of volunteering and uphold and work to the Principles of Volunteering.
- We shall not seek personal gain related to our office holding or our duties, and will not solicit gratuities, bribes, hospitality, benefits, service or favors. Protocol gifts must be only accepted as specified in the policies and procedures manual.
- We shall be mindful at all times of our responsibilities with the club and toward the community in general.
- We shall safeguard the interests of our members, suppliers and associated organisations; and we shall not knowingly be a party to any illegal or unethical activity.
- We shall not enter into any agreement, nor undertake any activity, which may be in conflict or give the appearance of conflict within our core values or the legitimate interest of our members and other associated organisations, or which would prejudice our capacity to perform our duties professionally.
- We shall protect any confidential information obtained in the performance of our duties, and shall not use such information for personal gain nor in a manner which would be detrimental to our members, or any other party.
- We shall continually ensure the currency of the knowledge, skills and technical competencies required to perform our tasks and activities in a professional manner.
- We shall refrain from conduct or actions which would detract from the reputation of the Uruguayan Social & Sporting Club as a whole or that of our members, suppliers and other organisations.